Fulfill placement testing requirements for new Heartland students.
From orientation to graduation, the Heartland Bookstore has everything you need.
- and more
Stop in SCB 1700 and see us to see everything we offer.
You can search and order your textbooks online. It's the easiest way to find what you need for each course.
- Choose the Books
dropdownand select Textbooks & Course Materials
- Pick the term, department, course number and section
- Look for new/used,
paperbackback/hardback/digital and rent/buy options
- Select what you want and add it to your cart
- Click on "Select another course" to find books for the rest of your classes
- Place your order when you have all the books you need by clicking on your shopping cart
Looking for a book for your class? Donate books from previous classes the Textbook Swap or contribute $10 to our scholarship fund and receive another available textbook, regardless of your book's original cost.
Stop by the Heartland Library to get your free Student ID.
Make sure you bring:
- your HCC student ID number
- a photo ID
With a student ID, you can:
- check out library materials
- access your online library account
- ride the Bloomington-Normal Connect Transit (Bus System)
- use the Fitness & Recreation Center
- hang out in the Hawk's Nest Game Room
- enjoy student discounts at various locations in the community
Download the Normal campus map (PDF)
Riding the BusWith your student ID, you can ride the Bloomington-Normal Connect Transit (Bus System) for free.
Additional Heartland Resources
- Student Handbook
- Student Lingo - Improve your skills for success with free online workshops.
- Student Access and Accommodation Services - Special accommodations are available if you have a documented disability.
- Becoming a Student - Simple steps to become a student and begin your journey at Heartland.
- Student Life - Get involved on campus to find friends and make the most of your HCC experience.
- Off-Campus Housing
- Community Life - Browse visitbn.org to see what's happening around town.
- For more information visit Path