Meet the Officers
- Truong (Jack) Luu, President, has been studying at Heartland for two years. In addition to being a full-time student at Heartland Community College and a part-time graduate student at Illinois State University, he is working as a Master Tutor at Tutoring Services and as an Office Assistant in the Student Engagement Office. The main priority of his presidency will be to increase student participation in campus activities. He will have an open-door policy, so students can voice their opinions. This approach has been successful with the International Students Association (ISA) where he increased membership from 2 to 50 members within a year. Jack is fascinated by fine tea, new technologies, and philosophy. On the weekend, you might find him in a coffeeshop in town, where he enjoys reading.
Tuesday 3 – 5pm
Wednesday 1 – 2pm
Thursday 1 – 3pm
Jeremiah Tyler, Vice President, has been a student at Heartland since Fall 2016. His ultimate goal is to become a lawyer fighting for social causes. After an Associate in Arts degree, he plans to attend ISU for a Business Major and a Criminal Justice minor. Later, he plans to attend law school. In 2017-2018, Jeremiah was an officer of the International Student Association where he helped with the Big World Project and Global Cafe. His Business Law debate team competed at the 2018 Phi-Beta Lambda national convention. Jeremiah is employed at Bob Evans on IAA Drive and his hobbies include gardening, volunteering, gaming, grilling food, and watching movies. Jeremiah’s goals for this school year is to:
- Improve student engagement throughout the college.
- Promote easier year-to-year transitions for SGA and clubs.
- Enable improved leadership insight sharing between SGA and the clubs.
Monday 2 – 5pm
Tuesday 3:30 – 4:30pm
Thursday 3:30 – 4:30pm
- Savanah Kinney, Secretary, is currently a fifth year student at Heartland Community College working towards her Associates in Science. Prior to SGA, Savanah was involved in Building Leaders of Tomorrow, where she was involved in many projects on campus. Her biggest achievement was being involved with organizing the TEDx event here at Heartland. Savanah wants to use her experience as a nontraditional student to help others like her have a seamless experience coming to Heartland. Savanah’s passions are traveling and learning about new cultures and people.
Monday 1:30 – 5:30pm
Wednesday 3 – 4pm
Joshua Crockett, Student Trustee, is currently a third year student at Heartland Community College, and plans to transfer to University of Illinois at Springfield in order to pursue a Bachelor's degree in Political Science. Prior to joining the SGA, Joshua demonstrated an interest in serving his local community through a variety of projects and organizations. Whether organizing a Christmas program for low income families, volunteering at local homeless shelters, or working in the local school system, he has been an advocate for helping other's get ahead. In his free time, Joshua is quite the coffee enthusiast, vegan chef and loves to be in the outdoors.
Tuesday 3:30 – 5pm
Wednesday 1 – 3pm
Thursday 4:30 – 5:30pm