Jump over the site's primary content.
Quick Facts About Heartland Community College
Heartland Community College, with campuses in Normal, Pontiac and Lincoln, Illinois, is a two-year, fully accredited institution of higher education. Heartland's Community College District 540 includes a population of more than 230,000 people.
- 1500 W. Raab Road
Normal, IL 61761
- 211 East Madison
Pontiac, IL 61764
- 620 Broadway
Lincoln, IL 62656
- Fall 2012 credit students: 5,324
- Fiscal Year 2012 credit students: 10,506
- Fiscal Year 2010 non-credit students: 18,351
- Credit student demographics: Male: 46.7%, Female: 53.3%
Average Age of Students
- Credit: 24.9
- Non-credit: 29.0 (Fall 2011)
Costs 2013 - 2014
- Credit tuition and fees: $139 per credit hour in district, $269 per credit hour out of district, and $399 per credit hour out of state.
View more about tuition and fees.
Around one third of all Heartland Community College students receive some form of financial aid.
Number of Employees
- Full-time faculty: 92
- Adjunct faculty: 90
- Administrators: 66
- Full-time classified staff: 60
- Part-time classified staf: 132
- Student employees: 66
- Full-time professional/technical staff: 90
- Part-time professional/technical staff: 48
- Part-time noncredit instructors: 68
- Total employees: 712
- Student/Teacher Ratio: 17:1
Sources of College Total Revenue for Fiscal Year 2011
- Tuition and Fees: 28%
- Local Property Taxes: 34%
- State Support: 8%
- Federal Support: 21%
- Other & Federal: 9%
Heartland Community College is recognized by the Illinois Community College Board and is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association, 30 North LaSalle Street, Suite 2400, Chicago, Illinois 60602-2504, (800) 621-7440, www.hlcommission.org. Heartland has chosen the AQIP (Academic Quality Improvement Program) path to maintain its accreditation and was accepted as an AQIP college in October 2005.
- The College's Nursing Program is accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC), 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850, Atlanta, GA 30326, (404) 975-5000.
- The College's Radiography Program is accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JCERT).
- The College's Emergency Medical Services (EMS) and Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) programs are approved by the Illinois Department of Public Health.
- The College's Child Development Lab (CDL) is an accredited learning lab facility through the National Association of Education of Young Children (NAEYC).
The college holds eight-week, 12-week and 16-week sessions in the spring and fall semesters, and an eight-week summer term. The academic calendar is available in PDF format (126 KB, 6 pages).
**Note: You must download and install Adobe® Acrobat® Reader™ in order to view and print the calendar.
Turbine Quick Facts
HCC Turbine Timeline **(PDF format, 4.82 MB, 3 pages)
**Note: You must download and install Adobe® Acrobat® Reader™ in order to view and print PDF documents.