Student Access and Accommodation Services
We accommodate your needs and help remove barriers to learning and testing.
Academic Year Accommodations
- Apply to Heartland.
- Complete a Request for Accommodations Form.
- Provide information to help us understand your needs.
- SAAS will contact you to schedule your intake appointment.
- Attend the Intake appointment.
Apply as early as possible!
View our Student Access and Accommodation Services brochure (PDF) for additional information.
Temporary Medical Accommodations***COVID-19 NOTICE: If you are in self-quarantine due to the COVID-19 pandemic, you are not expected to provide medical documentation.*** Student Access and Accommodation Service’s role in this particular situation is to act as a liaison between the student and faculty to encourage continued communication and ensure academic requirements are addressed. Students are expected to work with individual instructors regarding specific requests, and communicate the anticipated duration of the absence.
- Complete Temporary Medical Accommodation Form.
- When available, submit documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SAAS staff will review all submitted materials and provide your status to instructors.
- Without documents, SAAS will inform instructors of an undocumented request.
- SAAS will contact you to with additional questions or to discuss your needs.
- You are expected to communicate specific needs with individual instructors.