Jump over the site's secondary content.
Hours of Operation
Mon: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Tues: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Wed: 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
Thurs: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Fri: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
View all dates on the
- 03/05/13 - Registration opens for Summer 2013 courses
- 03/18/13 - 2nd 8-week Spring 2013 courses begin
- 04/02/13 - Registration opens for Fall 2013 courses
- 06/03/13 - Summer 2013 courses begin
Jump over the site's primary content.
Advisors are available to assist you with:
- Developing an academic program consistent with your life goals
- Creating an overall academic plan
- Course selection
- Transfer preparation
Should I meet with an advisor?
Yes! Advisors provide up-to-date information about educational options, program requirements, transfer information and Heartland's academic policies and procedures.
When do I first meet with my advisor?
Before meeting with your advisor, students should:
- Complete the
basic skills assessment.
- Send transcripts (high school or other colleges/universities) or
ACT scores to Heartland.
- Have ideas about their goals and interests and be ready to
- Become familiar with general education and program requirements
by viewing the
- View the current course schedule
and have an idea of courses they plan to take.
All new students are required to meet with their advisor prior to
How often should I meet with my advisor as a current student?
Frequently! There are several important contact times where
Advisement assistance is crucial:
- Before registering for classes
- Before changing your class schedule (if you have questions)
- When considering transfer options
- Following a report of any unsatisfactory performance or attendance
- When you are experiencing academic problems
- Before withdrawing from classes
- Before applying for graduation