skip to main content

Academic Standing

During your time as a student at Heartland, you will earn an academic standing after each semester*.
*Academic standing is calculated after you reach at least 9 college-level credit.

Levels of Academic Standing

  • You will be in good academic standing as long as your cumulative GPA remains above the required minimum level based on your number of credit hours.
  • You will be placed on academic probation if your cumulative GPA falls below the minimum required based on your credit hours.

  • Once you are on academic probation, if you earn at least a 2.0 semester GPA in your next semester but you still don’t have the minimum cumulative GPA required, you’ll be placed on continuing probation.

  • If you are on academic or continuing probation and you do not earn at least a 2.0 semester GPA and your cumulative GPA remains below the required minimum, you will be dismissed. This means that you will need to sit out a required number of terms before you will be allowed to come back and take more classes at Heartland.

Should you ever find yourself on academic probation, continuing probation, or dismissal, we are here to help!

Academic Standing Program

You will work one on one with our Academic Standing Program (ASP) advisor for planning and support.  The ASP advisor will work with you to develop individualized strategies to help identify potential causes of academic difficulties and to achieve a satisfactory GPA. You will also utilize various college services to help you reach your educational potential and goals. The goal of the Academic Standing Program is to help you get back in good academic standing and make progress towards your own personal educational goals.

Contact Us

Normal Campus

Community Commons Building (CCB) Suite 1000
1500 W. Raab Road
Normal, IL 61761
Schedule an appointment: 309-268-8027
Phone: 309-268-8033

Heartland Pontiac Center

211 E. Madison Street
Pontiac, IL 61764
Phone: 815-842-6777

Heartland Lincoln Center

2201 Woodlawn Rd.
Lincoln, IL 62656
Phone: 217-735-1731