Join the Alumni Board
You have something unique to give. You can help the Alumni Association grow membership, develop benefits, offer services and plan events that can change lives.
A career exploration event can create a new path for a student or a fundraiser brings in money to help a single mom who is trying to get new skills for a coveted job. The Alumni Scholarship Fund can offer an alum money for classes that will help them move up to a better job and higher income. You can help by serving as a director on our Alumni Association Board.
Download the Alumni Board Application (PDF).
- Attend board meetings - The board meets from 6-7:30 p.m. on the second Thursday of the month except for July, November and December.
- Participate in outreach and events - The HCC Alumni Association has promotional booths at high-profile community events and hosts its own events to promote engagement. Additionally, we support all Foundation events either by volunteering, attending and promoting them in person and through social media.
- Be an ambassador for the College - You will be expected to share your positive experiences at Heartland Community College and help bring new students to HCC, either for credit or non-credit classes such as Community Education or Customized Training.
- Provide input - The Association continues to look for new ways to engage alumni and your ideas are welcome to expand benefits, events, recognition, or fundraising initiatives.
- Commit to a three-year or two-year term - There are 12 members on the board of directors and all but one serve a three year term.
- Support Heartland Community College - Board members are expected to give of their time, talents and, when possible, offer financial support for the Foundation that provides money for scholarships.
Skills & Qualifications
Board members must have completed one class, credit or non-credit and must be a registered member of the HCC Alumni Association. Board members should be:
- Willing to interact on social media
- Enjoy interacting in a public setting
Call or email us to learn more. We would love to talk with you about getting more involved.