The AQIP Systems Portfolio is a document through which HCC will identify and self-evaluate each of the major systems Heartland employs to accomplish its mission and objectives, such as "helping students learn" and "valuing people". We anticipate that every part of the campus will be involved in creating the portfolio. The task of assembling the Systems Portfolio will give all of us a better understanding of the usefulness of the systems and processes used at HCC.
Upon the initial completion, the Systems Portfolio will be available electronically (see below) and will be maintained yearly.
At HCC the Systems Portfolio is due and was submitted on June 1, 2009. During the Fall 2009 semester HCC received valuable feedback from external reviewers in the form of a Systems Appraisal Feedback Report about our strengths and opportunities for improvement. That document is available below as well.
Systems Portfolio Document
- Complete Systems Portfolio (PDF)
- Cover (PDF)
- Table of Contents (PDF)
- Institutional Overview (PDF)
- Category One: Helping Students Learn (PDF)
- Category Two: Accomplishing Other Distinctive Objectives (PDF)
- Category Three: Understanding Students' & Other Stakeholders' Needs (PDF)
- Category Four: Valuing People (PDF)
- Category Five: Leading & Communicating (PDF)
- Category Six: Supporting Institutional Operations (PDF)
- Category Seven: Measuring Effectiveness (PDF)
- Category Eight: Planning Continuous Improvement (PDF)
- Category Nine: Building Collaborative Relationships (PDF)
- Glossary of Abbreviations (PDF)
- Index of Evidence for the Criterion for Accreditation (PDF)
Systems Appraisal Feedback Report
Several of Heartland Community College's strengths identified by the Systems Appraisal Feedback Report linked above are summarized at Systems Portfolio Strengths. Here you will find the areas of strengths specifically mentioned in the Feedback Report along with posters available for download celebrating these strengths at Heartland.
AQIP Update to the Board of Trustees
For more information contact
Associate Dean of Academic Support