Jump over the site's primary content.
Heartland Community College Child Development Lab (CDL)
Heartland Community College Child Development Lab (CDL) is a nationally accredited inclusive demonstration laboratory school that provides high quality care and education to the children of Heartland Community College's students, faculty and staff. At the CDL we demonstrate the best of what is known about meeting the needs of young children in a childcare setting that supports and nurtures the individual strengths of each child.
The purpose of a lab school is to provide field experiences for college students needing first-hand experience working with young children. They then can pursue their careers in education, psychology, nursing or early childhood education having learned from the support and mentoring of the highly qualified staff at the CDL.
How do I apply?
- Read the
sample application cover letter** (PDF format,
9 KB, 1 pages),
- Review the fee schedule**
(PDF format, 84 KB, 1 pages),
- Submit the completed enrollment application** (PDF format, 245 KB, 2 pages).
What are the values of the CDL?
- Children are valued for their uniqueness and dignity, their wonder and curiosity, their perspectives and abilities.
- Families are valued for their diversity, bonds and tradition, their abilities, their commitment to work, home, education and the community and their dreams for their children.
- College Students are valued for their unique
ability to grow professionally so they can best support the development and learning
of children and families.
- Faculty and Staff are valued for their vision, their ability to play and delight in children, their ability to process, reflect and apply exemplary practices, their commitment to families and their ability to mentor the next generation of professionals.
- The environment created fosters meaningful relationships,
collaboration and participation, and inclusiveness.
**Note: You must download and install Adobe® Acrobat® Reader™ in order to view and print PDF documents.