Becoming a College NOW Student
You must successfully submit the Heartland student application if you intend to earn college credit for HCC courses you take through your high school or career center.
- You will need your social security number.
- You should know which start term to choose.
- You must enter your correct HS graduation year.
- You can apply online - it is quick, easy and free!
Your next step is to make an appointment to complete any required placement tests by logging into myHeartland. *Completion of placement tests is not required for career center dual credit courses.
- You need to set up your myHeartland account using the student login information found in your welcome email/acceptance letter.
- When available, you can review the course offerings for your high school to see what placement tests are required, if any.
- Heartland will waive some placement testing requirements if you have eligible ACT/SAT scores. You should connect with your high school counselor if you think this applies to you.
*Your high school or career center may have a deadline.*