Course Selection Process
Using Heartland Faculty
We are now offering the opportunity for our partners to select courses taught by HCC faculty at:
- HCC-Normal Campus
- HLC-Lincoln Center
- HPC-Pontiac Center
*Be advised that we are no longer providing HCC faculty to teach on-site at partnering locations.*
Cost of Instruction Fee
- The cost for this use of Heartland faculty is $1,500 per credit hour. (Example: A 3 credit hours course = $4,500.)
- If approved, the requesting high school will receive an invoice with a due date of within 30 days of invoice submission.
- If approved, the course(s) will be exclusively reserved for your high school students.
- You may also work with another high school to fill courses up to the maximum capacity.
Our online course selection guide displays a comprehensive listing of courses within the following pathways that we recommend for high school students:
The guide provides details for each course, such as:
- credit hours
- prerequisites (if any)
- course capacities
- instructor qualifications
- You may also use the general Heartland course catalog to request courses that are not included in the College NOW course selection guide.
- Write down or copy the complete course title from the Heartland course catalog.
- Choose the option to add a class from the Heartland catalog and enter the course information in the course selection form.
When ready, you must submit your course requests using our online course selection form by or before January 31, 2018.
- Immediately following your online submission, you must also submit documentation of qualifications for any prospective College NOW instructors from your high school -- including:
- any collegiate transcripts
- resume/curriculum vitae OR this College NOW faculty form
- Heartland deans/chairs will review your requests -- along with any additional documentation regarding prospective instructors -- and provide the necessary feedback.
- You can expect a course confirmation document detailing your approved dual credit courses February 15-23, 2018.
- Your potential courses will appear in the course offerings section for your high school so that students/parents can review any placement testing requirements related to those courses.