Guided Path to Success (GPS) Workshops
This pathway offers workshops/courses that will improve study skills, assist in career exploration and enhance life skills like budgeting and time management.
- There are no formal prerequisites or placement testing requirements for these workshops/courses.
- Students can earn a maximum of three transfer elective credits in one of the following ways:
- One credit hour for every eight workshops they complete.
- One credit hour each by successfully completing GENS 100, GENS 101 or GENS 102.
- Three credit hours by successfully completing GENS 105.
Becoming an Active Student
Improving Test Performance
Mastering Time Management
Developing Critical Thinking Skills
Exploring Your Learning Preferences
Gaining Information Literacy
Perspectives on Learning
Developing Research Skills
Becoming an Active Reader
Learning for a Lifetime
Enhancing Your Study Strategies
Planning Career Pathways
Applying for Financial Aid and Scholarships
Exploring Career Interests and Skills
Transitioning to College
Exploring Personality and Values
Developing Your Leadership Skills
Deciding on a College Major
Understanding the Job Search Process
Navigating the College Selection Process
Writing a Resume
Writing a College Admissions Essay
Developing Interview Skills
Understanding Civic Responsibility
Exploring Healthy Lifestyles
Developing Effective Communication
Planning Personal Finances
Preparing for Independent Living
Becoming Active on Campus
- This course will help students gain awareness of their academic career and personal selves and facilitate development in each of these areas.
Focuswill be placed on gaining knowledge of each self, identifying areas of strength and those needing improvement and mastering the tools necessary to achieve growth in these life areas. Students cannot receive credit for both GENS 105 and GENS 100, GENS 101, or GENS 102.