Jump over the site's primary content.
Certified ScrumMaster Training
Heartland Community College Customized Training is excited to offer Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) training at our Normal, Illinois campus. The Certified ScrumMaster training is a 2-day training introducing the concepts of agile project leadership using the Scrum methodology. Successful participants will become Certified ScrumMasters, the first step in the journey towards this more adaptive form of project leadership.
Certified ScrumMaster courses at Heartland Community College are offered on Saturdays and Sundays so you don’t have to miss work to get your certification. Training begins begin both days at 8:00AM and end at 4:30PM. The training meets in the Workforce Development Center (WDC), room 1006.
Next Certified ScrumMaster Training: Saturday & Sunday, September 13 & 14, 2014
Download the registration form for the September 13-14, 2014 Certified ScrumMaster Training
(registration form available in PDF format, 27.2KB, 1 page)*
Save $200.00! Register at least two weeks before the training and take advantage of the early registration discount!
Early Registration Deadline: 12:00PM, Friday, August 29, 2014 - $999.00 per person
Final Registration Deadline: 12:00PM, Wednesday, September 10, 2014 - $1,199.00 per person
The registration fee covers your 2-day ScrumMaster training, certification fee, continental style breakfast and lunch. You can pay for the training with a credit card by faxing your completed registration form to Customized Training at 309-268-7882. You can also pay with a credit card or check in person by coming to the Customized Training office, Workforce Development Center, Suite 2400.
Upcoming CSM Trainings:
Saturday & Sunday, November 8 & 9, 2014
This information was last updated on 7/17/14.
Employers: Need Certified ScrumMaster Training for your whole department or only a few members of your staff?
Heartland Community College Customized Training can enroll your employees in our open-enrollment Certified ScrumMaster trainings or we can set up a customized training exclusively for your staff on a time and day that is most convenient for you! Please contact Austin Grammer, CSM, Customized Training Coordinator for more information.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Where does the class meet? The classes meet in the Workforce Development Center (WDC), room 1006.
- Where can I find a map of the campus? A campus map is available here: Heartland Community College-Normal Campus Map (available in PDF format, 313 KB, 1 page)*
- Where do I park? Park in lot “H”, enter the building through the east entrance door on the east side of the building. The classroom is on the west side of the building directly across from the east entrance.
- Where can I find directions to the campus? Directions to Heartland Community College-Normal Campus.
- Is breakfast and lunch provided? Yes. If you have special dietary restrictions (vegetarian, vegan, food allergies, etc.), please let us know on your registration form.
- Will I take the CSM exam during the training? At the end of the training you will be e-mailed a link to the online CSM exam. You will take the exam during the last hour of the training on the second day. Please bring a Wi-Fi enabled laptop in order to take the exam in the classroom.
- What is the tuition refund policy? If you are not able to attend the training, please call HCC Customized Training at (309) 268-8440 at least 48 hours before the training in order to receive a full refund. If you need to withdraw from the training within 48 hours of the start date of the training, we would be happy to transfer your tuition/enrollment to the next training. To transfer to the next scheduled training, please call us by 1:00PM the day before the training is to begin (no refunds will be offered within the 48 hour timeframe before the training). Unfortunately, we are unable to issue refunds or credit to students who do not attend the training without prior notice.
- Can I earn Project Management Institute professional development units for completing the CSM training? Yes, Project Management Professionals (PMPs), can submit for 14 PDUs using Category B, "Other Provider." See the PMI website area “Maintaining Your Credential” for more information. PMI allows one "contact hour" to qualify for one PDU, and there are 14 hours of training in CSM, so 14 PDUs can be claimed.
- Where can I find more information about the ScrumMaster Certification? Please visit the FAQ at the Scrum Alliance website.
Note: You must have Adobe® Acrobat® Reader in order to view and print this form. Download a free copy of Acrobat® Reader from Adobe®.