Jump over the site's primary content.
Disability Support Intake Process
Once you have applied to Heartland Community College, you may begin the Intake Process.
- Submit documentation of your disability
- Complete an intake form
- Schedule an intake appointment with DSS
- Complete an intake session with our staff
To be eligible for services, you are required to submit current and appropriate documentation. Documentation can include any of the following dated within the last two to four years:
- Letter from a qualified professional on the company letterhead
- Report/Evaluation from a qualified professional on their company letterhead
- Disability verification form* (available in PDF format, 28 KB, 2 pages) picked up from the Disability Support Services office and completed by a qualified professional.
- IEP and section 504 along with current psychological assessment
Please Note: IEPs and 504 plans cannot be used as the sole form of documentation.
*Note: You must download and install Adobe® Acrobat® Reader™ in order to view and print the disability verification form.
See more ideas on documentation recommendations.
HCC students working with Disability Support Services must submit an intake form* (available in PDF format, 17 KB, 2 pages). All information submitted is confidential, but cannot be returned.
*Note: You must download and install Adobe® Acrobat® Reader™ in order to view and print the disability intake form.
To schedule an appointment with Disability Support Services, contact:
Email Disability Support Services
FAX: (309) 268-7877
- During your intake session, you will review resources available to you.
- Students will be requested to sign the Disability Services Student Responsibility Contract.
- The contract outlines the student's and the Director's responsibilities.
- The contract also informs students of procedures they must follow to remain in good standing with the Disability Support Services Department. Failure to comply with the contract may result in losing services.