The Early Admission process at Heartland Community College is for students and parents who would like to request an exception to our standard admission requirements. Early Admission applies to students interested in completing a course at Heartland or online who are:
- under 16 years of age
- not a high school junior or senior
- not in the College NOW program at a high school/career center
Follow the steps outlined below if any of the above statements apply to you.
Apply to Heartland
First, you must submit the Heartland student application.
If you have issues with or questions about the Heartland application, contact HCC Admissions at 309-268-8010 or email@example.com. After your application has been processed, you should receive a welcome email within 3 to 5 business days.
After your application has been processed, your next step is to complete assessment OR submit qualifying ACT/SAT/PARCC scores to waive your assessment requirement.
If necessary, you must complete basic skills assessment before moving on to the next steps in the dual admission process. Placement scores of college level must be obtained in order to register as an Early Admission student.
Additional Application Materials
Follow the steps below to compose the Early Admission packet of materials you will need for the next phase of this process.
- Download and complete the Early Admission Application (PDF) to be considered for enrollment into a dual credit or dual enrollment course you are eligible to take.
- Request two (2) letters of support from a coach, employer, peer group leader, mentor or teacher that addresses your maturity level and ability succeed in an adult setting.
- Get a transcript or summary of your school work that lists all courses you have taken along with the grades received to date.
- Attach a copy of your testing score report that shows qualifying basic skills assessment placement or standarized test scores.
Once you have completed all of the required steps and have all of the necessary materials, you must meet with the Director of Enrollment Services to discuss course offerings.
- You can schedule your early admission appointment by calling 309-268-8027.
- Bring all of the completed application materials.
- One parent/guardian and the student must attend this meeting.
- Decisions for Early Admission and student enrollment are made on a case-by-case basis.
- Early Admission students are limited to one (1) academic class during their first term at Heartland Community College.
- Final approval must be granted by the Instructional Dean of the division in which the course has been requested.