ECP3 - Early Childhood Practitioner Preparation Partnership
ECP3 is your path to:
- An Associate in Arts (AA) or Associate in Science (AS) degree in Early Childhood Education from Heartland
- A bachelor’s degree from Illinois State University and a Professional Educator License with an Early Childhood Education endorsement (birth-grade 2)
- A Gateways Level 3 Early Childhood Credential
- A direct transfer of your early childhood courses from Heartland into ISU’s ECP3 program
ECP3 is a joint program offered by Heartland Community College and Illinois State University. This program allows you begin your early childhood studies at Heartland. You'll work towards your AA or AS degree while taking specific early childhood courses that meet ECP3 requirements.
After graduation from Heartland, you can start the ISU portion of the program. For your convenience, many ISU courses take place on the Heartland campus.
Once you complete the ISU portion of ECP3, you'll earn a Professional Educator License with an Early Childhood Education endorsement (birth-grade 2).
Designed to Support You
This program fits a busy lifestyle and offers:
- flexible schedules
- daytime, evening and online courses
- convenient class location on Heartland's campus