Jump over the site's secondary content.
Hours of Operation
Mon: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Tues: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Wed: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thurs: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Fri: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
View all dates on the
- 08/06/14 - Last day to assess for 16 week session
- 08/18/14 - Fall classes begin (16 week session)
- 09/08/14 - Fall classes begin (12 week session)
- 10/27/14 - Priority registration begins for current students for spring
- 11/04/14 - Open registration begins for spring 2015 session
College N.O.W. Dates
Jump over the site's primary content.
Residency Requirements for In-District Tuition
Map of HCC District 540
Proof of in-district residency is required for all students to receive
rate except students who graduated from a high school located in
Heartland's district within the past year. *Documentation of
in-district residency must be provided on the first day of your
first class to receive in-district tuition rates. To prove in-district residency, one of
the criteria below must be acquired at least 30 days prior to the start of
the academic term regardless of the class session.
- Residing with his/her parent or guardian within District 540
- Emancipated minor, completely self supporting and residing within District 540
- Married and maintains a family residence within District 540
- Single and self-supporting as defined by the Federal Office of Education and maintains a residence within District 540
The following will be accepted if *name, address and date are
valid and provided by the first day of your first class:
- Voter's registration in District 540
- Tax, utility or rent receipts
- Valid driver's license or vehicle registration
- Valid IL state ID
- Bank account statement
- Lease from apartment or house
- Mortgage agreement or contract to purchase
- Medical bills
- Credit card statement
- Insurance card or statement
- Hunting or fishing license
- Shelter residency documentation
- Installment loan documentation (car/boat/motorcycle etc.)
- Military active duty / Discharge documentation
- The student resides outside District 540, but works full time
within the district.
- Please download the
Residency by Employment form
here and return to
- The student resides outside District 540, but is a dependent of
a parent/guardian who works full time within the district.
- Please download the Residency by Employment form
here and return to
- The student resides outside District 540 but pays property taxes on land within the district.
- Please bring or fax a copy of the tax bill to
in the Community Commons Building.
- Visiting students currently attending Illinois State University,
Illinois Wesleyan University, Lincoln College or Lincoln Christian
University must show a student I.D. and a current class schedule to
receive in-district tuition rates.
- Out-of-district students attending Heartland Community College
by virtue of an approved Cooperative Agreement (Interdistrict or
otherwise) or Chargeback will only be required to pay the
In-District tuition rate at Heartland Community College.
Questions? Call the Office of Admissions: 309-268-8010.