Jump over the site's secondary content.
Hours of Operation
Mon: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Tues: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Wed: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thurs: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Fri: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Jump over the site's primary content.
Residency Requirements for In-District Tuition
Map of HCC District 540
In accordance with Illinois Community College Board and Illinois
Public Community College Act rules on residency the following
definitions will determine residency status for students in
Community College District 540, Heartland Community College, unless
provided under a separate written agreement with the Heartland Community
College Board of Trustees.
Proof of in-district residency is required for you to receive
rate unless you graduated from a high school located in
Heartland's district within the past year. *Documentation of
in-district residency must be provided on the first day of your
first class to receive in-district tuition rates. To prove in-district residency,
you must meet one of
the criteria below at least 30 days prior to the start of
the academic term regardless of your class session.
- Residing with your parent or guardian within District 540
- Emancipated minor, completely self-supporting and residing within District 540
- Married and maintaining a family residence within District 540
- Single and self-supporting as defined by the Federal Office of Education and maintaining a residence within District 540
Special Residency Classifications
Students who meet one of the following criteria
will be considered for in-district tuition rates: *
- You reside outside District 540, but work full time
within the district.
- Please download the
Residency by Employment form and return to
- You reside outside District 540, are a dependent of
a parent/guardian who works full time within the district.
- Please download the
Residency by Employment form
and return to
- You reside outside District 540 but pay property taxes on land within the district.
- Please bring or fax a copy of the tax bill to
in the Community Commons Building.
- Visiting students
currently attending Illinois State University, Illinois Wesleyan
University, Lincoln College or Lincoln Christian University
must show a student I.D. and a current class schedule for the
term you are planning on attending HCC to receive in-district
tuition rates (summer semester is an exception – either spring or fall
schedule can be used for residency).
- Out-of-district students attending Heartland Community College
by virtue of an approved Cooperative Agreement (Interdistrict or
otherwise) or Chargeback will only be required to pay the
in-district tuition rate at Heartland Community College.
- * Residency requirements may be different for Heartland selective
Valid Documentation (subject to
The following will be accepted if name, address and date are
valid and provided by the first day of your first class:
- Voter's registration in District 540
- Tax, utility or rent receipts
- Valid driver's license or vehicle registration in District 540
- Valid IL state ID
- Bank account statement in District 540
- Lease from apartment or house with a District 540 address
- Mortgage agreement or contract to purchase
- Medical bills
- Credit card statement
- Insurance card or statement
- Hunting or fishing license
- Shelter residency documentation
- Installment loan documentation (car/boat/motorcycle etc.)
- Military active duty / Discharge documentation
How Do I Submit Documentation?
one of the following:
- Scan and email your residency documentation
email@example.com (please list your name and ID number
in the body of the email)
- Fax your residency documentation to:
- Mail your residency documentation in attention to:
Normal, IL 61761
- Bring your residency documentation in person
to Admissions in the Community Commons Building
- Questions? Call the Office of Admissions: 309-268-8010.