Heartland Community College has a foundational commitment to "Modeling Stewardship and Sustainability".
Established in 2008, The Green Institute supports Heartland Community College's foundational commitment to sustainability. The Green Institute provides resources and develops and implements environmental sustainability programs and initiatives that respond to the needs and interests of the campus and wider community, including energy efficiency, renewable energy, recycling, local food, and water conservation.
Activities and Initiatives
Green Space & Construction Practices
Education and Engagement
- Publications and online resources
- Dedicated to environmental education
- Open to students, faculty, businesses, residents, K-12 schools, higher education institutions and environmental organizations
- Green construction practices
- Energy efficiency
- Alternative energy sources
- Sustainable design
- Renewable energies technologies
- Environmental controls