Service Settings in Early Childhood
If your child is eligible for special education services, you might be wondering what options you have for where they will receive these services. You may be asking yourself if you want your three-year-old attending an early childhood classroom at the local elementary school. You may have hoped that your child would attend the community preschool that their sibling attended. You may also be wondering if it is possible for their special education services to follow them into their current childcare setting. All of these questions are worth considering because no one path is right for all children.
Following are questions that will help you explore the various service settings available to children between 3 and 5.
- How do early childhood settings differ from early intervention settings?
- What does Least Restrictive Environment mean?
- What is Inclusion?
- Why is Inclusion important?
- How do I support my child in an inclusive setting?
- What is a Dual Placement and how do I support my child here?
- What is a Blended Program?
- What is a Special Education Early Childhood Program?