Paraprofessional Skills in the Workplace
Identifying Developmental Delay
Accurately and quickly identifying children who are developmentally delayed is paramount to their receiving the services to help them develop. Find out more about the process and tools used toidentify children who are developmentally delayed.
Working with Challenging Behaviors
Being able to work with children who have challenging behaviors is a skill that paraprofessionals use regularly. Find out more about specific resources related to Challenging Behaviors.
Specialized professional web-based training modules on the following topics are available through CONNECT: The Center to Mobilize Early Childhood Knowledge.
- Module 1: Embedded Interventions provides information on ways to embed interventions across a child's daily routine.
- Module 2: Transition provides information on supporting children as they transition from early childhood programs to the school setting.
- Module 3: Communication for Collaboration provides strategies to enhance communications between educators, other professionals and parents.
- Module 4: Family-Professional Partnerships provides information on building quality partnerships between professionals and families as they work together supporting young children.
- Module 5: Assistive Technology provides strategies to support young children through the use of assistive technologies in the classroom.
- Module 6: Dialogic Reading Practices provides information on the use of interactive conversations while reading to stimulate early language and literacy skills in young children.