Services for Children 0-3
Children between the ages of birth and 3 who have been diagnosed with a disability or are at risk for a delay may be eligible for early intervention services. Armed with knowledge about the early intervention system, paraprofessionals can help families understand the system and seek services for their children.
The following questions will help you explore the world of early intervention.
- What is Early Intervention and how do children get services?
- What is an IFSP and Developmental Assessment?
- What are the service settings for Early Intervention?
- What types of professionals and providers might be working with children in Early Intervention?
- What are the financial aspects of Early Intervention?
- What if a parent disagrees with the Developmental Assessment or IFSP?
- What does it mean to transition to an Early Childhood program?