Students enrolled in any of the College's Associate degree programs, such as Associate in Arts (AA), Associate in Science (AS), Associate in Engineering Science (AES) or Associate in Applied Science (AAS), can apply for admission to the Honors Program. All applicants must write a 300 to 500 word essay. The topic or question to be addressed in the essay is found on the application form (PDF).
You must meet any two of the following four criteria:
- Have an ACT score of 25 or higher, or an SAT score of 1200 or higher
- High School GPA of 3.5 or higher on a 4 point scale
- Be in the top 10% of his/her graduating high school class
- Submit a letter of recommendation from a high school teacher, guidance counselor or Heartland faculty member
Current HCC students
You must meet both of the following criteria:
- A cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher in college courses completed
- Successful completion of at least 12 credit hours in college-level coursework
Meeting the minimum criteria does not guarantee admission into the Honors Program. The Honors Program office reserves the right to select the most qualified candidates.