Information Services Librarian
About the Position
We seek applicants for a full-time position to provide library service and support the informational and research needs of the College’s students, employees, and community at-large.
General responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Provide library orientation and bibliographic instruction for students in the use of library systems, research techniques, and information resources
- Assist library patrons with selecting and locating research materials
- Assist with acquisitions, periodical management, dissemination of information, interlibrary loans, circulation, overdues, and related library functions
- Provide supervision and training of library assistants
- Master’s degree in Library Science from an ALA-accredited program
- Public service experience, including reference consultations
- Ability to work with digital library resources
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations and utilize sound professional judgment
- Experience in an academic library setting
- Collection development experience in a variety of subjects
For consideration, please submit the following.
- HCC employment application
- Letter of application
Applicants wanting to be considered for both the Digital Services Librarian and the Information Services Librarian positions may submit one application package indicating interest in both positions.
Heartland Community College
Attn: Executive Director of Human Resources
1500 West Raab Road
Normal, IL 61761
You may also submit requested application materials as email attachments to HumanResources@heartland.edu. Documents sent through email may not be secure.
Review of applications will begin 11/17/2017, and will continue until the position is filled.
A PDF version of the HCC Employment Application (PDF) is available for you to download and complete.
HCC is an Equal Opportunity Institution
Heartland Community College affirms the value of diversity among students and employees.
The College provides equal educational opportunities to all students and equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other protected status under federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of enrollment and employment.
Individuals needing reasonable accommodations due to a disability in order to participate in the application process should contact the Human Resources Office, (309) 268-8130, TDD (309) 268-8030.