Program Coordinator for Continuing Education - Logan County
About the Position
We seek applicants for a part-time position to develop, manage, and evaluate Continuing Education (CE) learning opportunities for businesses, organizations, and individuals. Will manage a wide range of programs, courses, contracts, and special events that respond to the needs and interests of District 540, with a specific focus in the Logan County area.
General responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Propose, develop, and implement programming, with consideration for instructors, course content and design, scheduling, materials and texts, facilities, audio/visual needs, etc.
- Foster relationships with Logan County area businesses and organizations, instructors, subject matter experts, and training vendors
- Coordinate with other CE staff to conduct needs analyses and assessments, assist in the marketing and promotion of programs and events, and develop training proposals and contracts
- Bachelor’s degree
- Familiarity with the individuals, organizations, and businesses in Logan County
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to work independently and function professionally under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a team member and interact with a variety of employees, students, and general public
- Availability to work occasional evenings and weekends
- Experience developing and administering educational programs
- Familiarity with business and organizations across District 540
- Ability to lift and move up to 40 lbs.
For consideration, please submit the following.
- HCC employment application
- Letter of application
Heartland Community College
Attn: Executive Director of Human Resources
1500 West Raab Road
Normal, IL 61761
You may also submit requested application materials as email attachments to HumanResources@heartland.edu. Documents sent through email may not be secure.
Review of applications will begin 1/9/2018, and will continue until the position is filled.
A PDF version of the HCC Employment Application (PDF) is available for you to download and complete.
HCC is an Equal Opportunity Institution
Heartland Community College affirms the value of diversity among students and employees.
The College provides equal educational opportunities to all students and equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other protected status under federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of enrollment and employment.
Individuals needing reasonable accommodations due to a disability in order to participate in the application process should contact the Human Resources Office, (309) 268-8130, TDD (309) 268-8030.