Instructional Chair - Allied Health
We seek applicants for a full-time administrative position to provide leadership for the College’s allied health programs, including nursing, physical therapist assistant, and radiography. This position is anticipated to begin July 2018 and reports to the Dean of Health and Human Services.
General responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Support, develop, and revise curriculum
- Assist the Dean in hiring, scheduling, supervision, and evaluation of faculty
- Conduct course and program assessment
- Serve as the Director of Nursing Program for accreditation purposes
- Maintain and develop teaching and leadership expertise through classroom instruction and participation in relevant professional development opportunities
- Master’s degree in nursing
- Valid license to practice nursing in the State of Illinois
- Successful teaching experience in post-secondary education
- Administrative experience in higher education which may include performance evaluation, scheduling, and staffing
- Experience with curriculum development and program review
For consideration, please submit the following.
- HCC employment application
- Letter of application which includes your approach to academic leadership and administration, educational philosophy, and the community college mission
- Transcript copies (included as part of application package)
Heartland Community College
Attn: Executive Director of Human Resources
1500 West Raab Road
Normal, IL 61761
You may also submit requested application materials as email attachments to HumanResources@heartland.edu. Documents sent through email may not be secure.
Review of applications will begin 2/19/2018, and will continue until the position is filled.
A PDF version of the HCC Employment Application (PDF) is available for you to download and complete.
HCC is an Equal Opportunity Institution
Heartland Community College affirms the value of diversity among students and employees.
The College provides equal educational opportunities to all students and equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other protected status under federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of enrollment and employment.
Individuals needing reasonable accommodations due to a disability in order to participate in the application process should contact the Human Resources Office, (309) 268-8130, TDD (309) 268-8030.