Tenure-Track Faculty: Certified Nursing Assistant
We invite applicants for a tenure-track faculty position in the College’s Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) approved nursing assistant program. This is a full-time, 9-month appointment within the Health Sciences division that includes teaching in the classroom, laboratory, and clinical settings. Position is anticipated to begin Spring 2020 or Fall 2020.
For more information about HCC’s CNA program, please visit www.heartland.edu/catalog/cna.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing
- Current license as a registered nurse in Illinois
- Documented completion of an IDPH-approved Train the Trainer program
- Documented completion of an IDPH-approved evaluator workshop (renewed every 5 years)
- Documented completion of an IDPH-approved training for instruction in Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias
- Successful teaching experience, especially at the college level
Review of applications will be ongoing until position is filled. For consideration, please submit the following.
- HCC employment application
- Cover letter addressing how your qualifications meet the position requirements
- Résumé or curriculum vitae
- Statement of teaching philosophy with description of teaching and assessment practices
- Transcript copies and copy of professional license (included as part of application package)
- Copy of Train the Trainer completion certificate
Heartland Community College
Attn: Executive Director of Human Resources
1500 West Raab Road
Normal, IL 61761
You may also submit requested application materials as email attachments to HumanResources@heartland.edu. Documents sent through email may not be secure.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and will continue until the position is filled.
A PDF version of the HCC Employment Application (PDF) is available for you to download and complete.
HCC is an Equal Opportunity Institution
Heartland Community College affirms the value of diversity among students and employees.
The College provides equal educational opportunities to all students and equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other protected status under federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of enrollment and employment.
Individuals needing reasonable accommodations due to a disability in order to participate in the application process should contact the Human Resources Office, (309) 268-8130, TDD (309) 268-8030.