Tenure-Track Faculty: Biology
We invite applicants for a full-time, 9-month position within the College’s STEM and Business division to begin Fall 2020. This position may include teaching evening or weekend classes, at off-campus locations, or in alternative delivery formats.
In addition to primary teaching functions, opportunities and responsibilities in this role include but are not limited to
- Participate in shaping the Biology program via curriculum development
- Engage in program assessment and strategic planning at the department level
- Participate in assessment projects at all levels related to student learning outcomes
- Participate in exciting departmental and College-wide initiatives and events
- Master’s degree in biology or closely related field with 18+ graduate level hours in biology
- Academic preparation and enthusiasm to teach in general biology and another specialized area of biology, such as anatomy and physiology, microbiology, or conservation ecology
- Successful college-level teaching experience in biology, especially at a community college
- Willingness to teach a broad range of biology courses
- Knowledge of and/or demonstrated interest in curriculum development and assessment
For consideration, please submit the following.
- HCC employment application
- Cover letter addressing how your qualifications meet the position requirements
- Résumé or curriculum vitae
- Statement of teaching philosophy with description of teaching and assessment practices
- Transcript copies (included as part of application package)
Heartland Community College
Attn: Executive Director of Human Resources
1500 West Raab Road
Normal, IL 61761
You may also submit requested application materials as email attachments to HumanResources@heartland.edu. Documents sent through email may not be secure.
Review of applications will begin 1/21/2020, and will continue until the position is filled.
A PDF version of the HCC Employment Application (PDF) is available for you to download and complete.
HCC is an Equal Opportunity Institution
Heartland Community College affirms the value of diversity among students and employees.
The College provides equal educational opportunities to all students and equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other protected status under federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of enrollment and employment.
Individuals needing reasonable accommodations due to a disability in order to participate in the application process should contact the Human Resources Office, (309) 268-8130, TDD (309) 268-8030.