Dean, Career and Technical Education
We seek applicants for the full-time administrative position of Dean, Career and Technical Education (CTE). This position is anticipated to begin between July 1 and the start of the Fall 2020 term. The Dean is responsible for advancing the educational and organizational quality of the division and supervising the selection, training, and evaluation of full-time and adjunct faculty and staff. Among the areas included in the division are Computer Science, Networking, Industrial Technology, Digital Media, and Business Technology.
Areas of Leadership include but are not limited to
- Strategic planning
- Faculty development
- Curriculum, course, and program review and development
- Staffing and scheduling
- Budget oversight
- Collaborative engagement with internal and external stakeholders
- Master’s degree in an appropriate discipline or equivalent experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Appropriate experience in higher education, including successful teaching experience
- Relevant experience in business and industry
- Record of effective leadership
For consideration, please submit the following.
- HCC employment application
- Cover letter which includes your educational philosophy and approach to academic leadership and the community college mission
- Transcript copies (included as part of the application package)
Heartland Community College
Attn: Executive Director of Human Resources
1500 West Raab Road
Normal, IL 61761
You may also submit requested application materials as email attachments to HumanResources@heartland.edu. Documents sent through email may not be secure.
Review of applications will begin 1/17/2020, and will continue until the position is filled.
A PDF version of the HCC Employment Application (PDF) is available for you to download and complete.
HCC is an Equal Opportunity Institution
Heartland Community College affirms the value of diversity among students and employees.
The College provides equal educational opportunities to all students and equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other protected status under federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of enrollment and employment.
Individuals needing reasonable accommodations due to a disability in order to participate in the application process should contact the Human Resources Office, (309) 268-8130, TDD (309) 268-8030.