Administrative Assistant, Human Resources
We seek applicants for a part-time position to provide administrative support to the Human Resources Office and assist with day-to-day operations of the area. Proposed schedule is Monday - Friday, 9:00 am – 2:00 pm; other schedules of approximately 25 hours per week may be considered.
General Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Provide excellent customer service through in-person reception and phone and email communication
- Perform keyboarding, filing, copying/scanning, data entry, records maintenance, and related administrative support tasks
- Support processes related to employee recruitment, new employee paperwork, benefits, and professional development
- Enter purchase requisitions and vouchers
- Assist with meetings and special events/projects for the Human Resources Office
- Associate’s degree or appropriate experience/education
- Demonstrated minimum keyboarding skill of 40 WPM
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills including the ability to work effectively with students, employees, and the public
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to problem-solve, and function professionally under pressure
- Proficiency with PC-based software, including word processing, spreadsheet, database, and email/calendaring applications
- Successful work experience in a professional office environment
For consideration, please submit the following.
- HCC employment application
- Cover letter
Heartland Community College
Attn: Executive Director of Human Resources
1500 West Raab Road
Normal, IL 61761
You may also submit requested application materials as email attachments to HumanResources@heartland.edu. Documents sent through email may not be secure.
Review of applications will begin 2/24/2020, and will continue until the position is filled.
A PDF version of the HCC Employment Application (PDF) is available for you to download and complete.
HCC is an Equal Opportunity Institution
Heartland Community College affirms the value of diversity among students and employees.
The College provides equal educational opportunities to all students and equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other protected status under federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of enrollment and employment.
Individuals needing reasonable accommodations due to a disability in order to participate in the application process should contact the Human Resources Office, (309) 268-8130, TDD (309) 268-8030.