Jump over the site's primary content.
Heartland Community College alumni eligible for discounted Community Ed classes
September 2, 2010
The Heartland Community College Alumni Association is nearing its one-year anniversary, and to celebrate, Heartland alumni are now eligible for up to a 25 percent discount on select Community Education courses offered by the College.
"The Community Education classes we've selected for these discounts are some of the most popular courses, including ways to improve technology skills that will transfer to the workplace and opportunities to exercise or just have fun," said Colleen Reynolds, director of Alumni Relations and Outreach.
Some of those classes, along with their alumni discount fees and start dates, include:
- HTML Web Page Design I and Design II, $72, beginning 9/14 and 10/26 (Design I) and 9/28 and 11/2 (Design II)
- Removing Doubt in a Job Interview, $32, beginning 9/21
- Getting Your Small Business Started with Social Media, $60, beginning 10/6 and 11/10
- Growing Your Business with Community Outreach, $40, beginning 10/29
- Top 13 Money Mistakes & How to Avoid Them, $23, beginning 9/21
- Wine for Beginners, $20, beginning 9/15
- Fearless Drawing, $61, beginning 10/4
- Yoga I, $39, beginning 9/22 and 11/10
Registration is underway and the discount is only available by calling Heartland's Community Education Department at (309) 268-8160. To qualify, you must be a registered member of the Heartland Community College Alumni Association. To become a member of the Alumni Association, visit www.heartland.edu/alumni
. Registration is free and only takes only minutes. Heartland's Alumni Association benefits its members through career services and networking functions, event and facility discounts and life-long learning opportunities. For more information about these discounted classes or about Heartland's Alumni Association, call Reynolds at (309) 268-8188.
For more general information about Heartland Community College, visit www.heartland.edu