Sat., June 22: Weekend Testing and Registration!
Heartland Community College will hold special weekend hours Saturday, June 22 for those of you needing to register for fall classes. Assessment testing will be available beginning at 9 a.m. and academic advising will continue until noon. To assist with the process, please have your transcripts available for this Saturday's registration session. Take advantage of these special weekend hours and find your path to success at Heartland Community College!
YEP Offers K-12ers Summer Learning Opportunities!
The Youth Enrichment Program (YEP) at Heartland Community College provides young people in grades K-12 with exciting learning opportunities allowing them to explore, expand and experience new areas of interest.
- Camps run weekly beginning June 10 through August 2.
- HCC offers more than 100 camps this summer in a variety of topics, including computer skills, creative arts, academic enrichment, space & science, sports camps, recreation.
- Early registration discounts available on or before May 31.
- Many classes have expanded 3-hour sessions. Camps meet from 9 a.m. to noon and from 1 to 4 p.m.
- RISE & Shine, an all ages pre-camp at the Challenger Learning Center from 7:30-8:50 a.m. Mondays through Fridays each week. Each camp will focus on a different area of science, such as astronomy, chemistry, geology, oceanography and more.
- Supervised lunches from noon to 1 p.m.
- YEP offers a limited number of need-based scholarships.
For more information, an online application form or a complete schedule of HCC's 2013 YEP camps, visit http://www.heartland.edu/communityEd/youth.jsp.
New Student Days at HCC Throughout June
Complete your orientation and enrollment during Heartland's Registration Days!
Sign up for either a 9 a.m. or 1 p.m. session on any of the New Student Days:
- Thursday, June 6 (SESSION FULL)
- Friday, June (SESSION FULL)
- Thursday, June 13 (SESSION FULL)
- Friday, June 14 (SESSION FULL)
- Friday, June 21 (SESSION FULL)
- Thursday, June 27 (SESSION FULL)
- Friday, June 28 (SESSION FULL)
- Friday, July 12
- Friday, July 19
- Thursday, July 25
- Thursday, August 1
Each session lasts approximately 2 to 2.5 hours and includes:
- Orientation to the Normal Campus
- Meeting with an Academic Advisor
- Creating your fall schedule
Steps that must be completed prior to registering for your New Student Day visit include:
- Submit HCC application.
- Confirm your residency in District 540.
- New Students: Submit your official high school transcripts, ACT scores and any official college transcripts.
Transfer Students: Submit your official college transcripts.
- Complete Basic Skills Assessment.
We recommend students request a college day with their guidance counselor or request permission from their high school prior to reserving their day and time.
Reserve your session here.
You will be contacted by email to confirm the date and time of your session. We look forward to seeing you and helping you create a plan for your college, career and life success!