HCC Holiday Break Information 2012-13
Heartland Community College will be closed for the holiday season beginning at 4:30 p.m. Friday, December 21, 2012, and will reopen with regular operating hours beginning at 8 a.m. Wednesday, January 2, 2013.
During the holiday closure, some College services and resources still will be available. Please review the following information carefully to explore how HCC is assisting students during the break.
Enrollment Services, Payment Services and Basic College Information
- Prospective students can review registration options at www.heartland.edu/enroll/newStudent.
- Current students can register for classes by logging in to their myHeartland accounts and clicking the "IRIS" tab. Further instructions are available there.
- Current students can pay for spring 2013 classes by logging in to their myHeartland accounts and clicking the "IRIS" tab. Spring 2013 tuition is due on January 3, 2013. Students can then either enroll in the monthly payment plan or pay their balance in full by January 3. Further instructions and tuition information is available at www.heartland.edu/pay.
- Register for or get information about Community Education classes at www.heartland.edu/communityEd.
- Get more information about Customized Training classes at www.heartland.edu/customizedTraining.
- Get more information about Adult Education at www.heartland.edu/adultEd.
Other Resources and Service Hours
Academic Support Center
The Academic Support Center (including the Open Computer Lab, Disability Support Services, Tutoring Services, and the Library) will have reduced hours from December 17, 2012 through January 13, 2013. Tutoring Services will be unavailable during the break. For a complete list of ASC hours, use the drop-down menu function on the ASC webpage.
The College Bookstore will be closed during the College's official holiday break. However, current students can order books online during the break. Hover above the "Books" tab on the left to select the "Textbooks & Course Materials" link from the dropdown menu.
Business Technology Learning Center
The Business Lab will close at noon Friday, December 14, 2012 and will reopen when classes resume Monday, January 14, 2013.
The Heartland Campus Cafe will close beginning at 6 p.m. Thursday, December 20, 2012 and will reopen with its regular schedule beginning Wednesday, January 2, 2013.
Child Development Lab
The Child Development Lab (CDL) will close at 4:30 p.m. beginning Friday, December 21, 2012. The CDL will reopen with its regular schedule beginning at 7:30 a.m. Wednesday, January 2, 2013.
Developmental Math Center
The Developmental Math Center will be closed during the College's official holiday break beginning at 4 p.m. Thursday, December 15, 2011 and will reopen beginning at 7 a.m. Tuesday, January 17, 2012 for regular classes.
Students may email Enrollment Services representatives, who will respond as soon as they are possible. Replies to general inquiries will take place beginning Tuesday, January 3, 2012, and will be handled as quickly and efficiently as possible in the order the emails were received.
HCC students can learn about the status of their financial aid by logging in to their myHeartland accounts and clicking the "IRIS" tab. Please refer to your Student Center "To Do" list as well as "Pending Financial Aid" under the Finances section.
Fitness and Recreation Center
The Fitness and Recreation Center will be closed during the College's official holiday break beginning at 6 p.m. Friday, December 21, 2012 and will reopen at 6 a.m. Wednesday, January 2, 2013.
The Open Tech Labs on campus will close at 4:30 p.m. Friday, December 21, 2012 and will reopen at 8 a.m. Monday, January 14, 2012.
Tech Support (Emergencies)
Students who have trouble logging into myHeartland should first try Password Station where correction of most login problems can be handled via self-service. If this does not work and help is urgently needed, please call (309) 268-8380 and leave a message. A staff member will respond as soon as possible. Responses to general, non-emergency messages left on the (309) 268-8380 line will take place beginning Wednesday, January 2, 2013, when College offices reopen.
Enjoy the holiday season! Heartland Community College looks forward to working with you in 2013!
*Note: You must download and install Adobe® Acrobat® Reader in order to view and print the name of your document.
News & Events
- Saturday Testing and Registration January 4!
- Students: Guaranteed Schedule Now in Place!
- New Physical Therapist Assistant Program at HCC
- HCC Receives EPA Distinction
- HCC Alum Pregracke Named CNN Hero of the Year
- New Student Days at HCC
- Save Money at HCC's Textbook Swap in January
- HCC Offering Manufacturing Fundamentals in 2014
- HCC Designated a Military Friendly School
- HCC Receives Governor's Sustainability Award
- Gain Financial Independence with "Next Step"
- Annual Holiday Light Recycling Drive Underway