HCC Rummage Sale Feb. 9: Donate and Participate!
From 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, February 9, the Student Engagement Office will host a community-wide rummage sale with proceeds benefiting students who are participating in the Alternative Spring Break Trip to Toms River, New Jersey to assist the community and surrounding area recover from October 2012's Hurricane Sandy.
Individuals who donate items for the sale will be given a ticket to allow them to enter the sale before it is opened to the general public. Small items can be donated anytime starting Monday, Feb. 4 and should be brought to the Student Engagement Office on the first floor of the Student Commons Building, 1500 W. Raab Rd. in Normal. Larger items should be delivered Friday, Feb. 8.
HCC is seeking items to sell at the rummage sale. These can include nearly anything in the following categories:
- Clothing – adult and children
- Appliances – major and household (must work)
- Sports/outdoor equipment
- Building materials
The list of things HCC can't accept for the rummage sale is short, but includes:
- Any items with significant pet or smoke odors
- Products recalled by the Consumer Product Safety Commission
- Automotive tires
- Baby/Child car and booster seats
- Bi-fold doors
- Window mini-blinds
- Household hazardous waste
- Opened health and beauty items (lotions, shampoo, make-up, etc.)
For those unsure about HCC's ability to accept items you are interested in donating, or for more information, call (309) 268-8026.