Free Financial Aid Workshop Feb. 23
As part of the College Awareness and Preparation project, Illinois' financial aid community is sponsoring a free financial aid workshop at 10 a.m. Saturday, February 23 in Heartland Community College's Community Commons Building, 1500 W. Raab Rd., Normal. The workshop is free to the public and no reservations are required. Financial aid professionals will be available to assist families with completing the FAFSA and answering any related questions.
The Illinois Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators, Heartland Community College, Illinois State University and Illinois Wesleyan University are working together to provide the College Awareness and Preparation (CAP) project as a means of improving students' and families' awareness of college financial aid opportunities, along with the college selection and admission process.
Students preparing to enroll in college this fall should begin the financial aid application process now. All students, from high school seniors to adults returning to college -- as well as parents seeking help with completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form -- can receive individual assistance from financial aid professionals during the workshop. The 2013-14 FAFSA is available free of charge at www.fafsa.gov. Completing the FAFSA accurately and on time is the first and most important step to obtaining state and federal student aid.
For more information, call (309) 268-8020.
News & Events
- Saturday Testing and Registration January 4!
- Students: Guaranteed Schedule Now in Place!
- New Physical Therapist Assistant Program at HCC
- HCC Receives EPA Distinction
- HCC Alum Pregracke Named CNN Hero of the Year
- New Student Days at HCC
- Save Money at HCC's Textbook Swap in January
- HCC Offering Manufacturing Fundamentals in 2014
- HCC Designated a Military Friendly School
- HCC Receives Governor's Sustainability Award
- Gain Financial Independence with "Next Step"
- Annual Holiday Light Recycling Drive Underway