HCC Receives $1.5 Million Gift from State Farm
(Normal, IL) Heartland Community College will receive a $1.5 million gift from State Farm Companies Foundation to support students in Central Illinois. The majority of the donation will provide scholarships for economically disadvantaged students to acquire the workforce skills necessary for employment in high-demand areas such as technology.
State Farm Companies Foundation’s gift will reinforce the College’s nationally recognized Heartland GPS: Guided Path to Success effort. Heartland GPS focuses on comprehensive student success initiatives, including leveraging key partnerships to achieve collaborative community success through enhanced career, college and life planning.
“Heartland has enjoyed an excellent partnership with State Farm and State Farm Companies Foundation,” said Dr. Allen Goben, HCC President. “We appreciate State Farm’s considerable commitment to help local students of all backgrounds pursue the American Dream. This gift will build a stronger technological workforce and have a long-lasting, positive impact by creating local results for our students and community.”
According to Heartland representatives, State Farm’s gift combines both organizations’ interests in student success and giving back to the community by developing accessible pathways to viable careers. Specifically, the $1.5 million donation will support several collaborative community initiatives, including:
- providing scholarships for students studying technology and other high-demand programs,
- supporting dual-credit programs for students from area high schools,
- and developing Heartland GPS: Guided Path to Success-related workshops focusing on key areas such as financial literacy and career/college/life planning.
“State Farm and Heartland Community College share several common interests,” according to Mary Crego, Senior Vice President at State Farm. “State Farm Companies Foundation’s investment in Heartland Community College will yield a stronger, more technologically savvy workforce for our community. This in turn will benefit Heartland students, the local community, and the Central Illinois economy.”
News & Events
- Saturday Testing and Registration January 4!
- Students: Guaranteed Schedule Now in Place!
- New Physical Therapist Assistant Program at HCC
- HCC Receives EPA Distinction
- HCC Alum Pregracke Named CNN Hero of the Year
- New Student Days at HCC
- Save Money at HCC's Textbook Swap in January
- HCC Offering Manufacturing Fundamentals in 2014
- HCC Designated a Military Friendly School
- HCC Receives Governor's Sustainability Award
- Gain Financial Independence with "Next Step"
- Annual Holiday Light Recycling Drive Underway