Is Online Learning for Me?
Before registering for an online course at Heartland you need to take the Online Course Awareness Survey. The ten questions on this survey will help you to determine if you are ready to take an online course at HCC. Questions on this survey are related to your technology access, skills, time management, communication style, etc. Your results may also include campus resources to help you succeed in an online course.
You only need to take the survey once to be able to register for any online course at Heartland.
- Click this link to access the survey on the IRIS tab in myHeartland.
- You will be prompted to log-in to myHeartland.
- Click on the IRIS tab.
- Click on the Online Course Awareness Survey button in upper right corner.
- Answer the questions to the best of your ability.
- Review the feedback and results.
- Register for your online course after you've completed the survey.