Financial Aid Eligibility
If you would like to receive financial aid from HCC, make sure you:
- Are enrolled as an undergraduate student pursuing a degree or eligible certificate
- Have a valid high school diploma or GED
- Are a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress (PDF)
- Are not in default on any education loan;
- Registered with Selective Service if you're a male over the age of 18
- Graduated from an "eligible" high school
- Have no convictions for the sale or possession of illegal drugs (depends upon the date of conviction)
- Did not receive financial aid at more than one school for the same period of time
Financial Aid Terms and Conditions
View the complete terms and conditions (PDF).
The amount of financial aid received from the various programs is based on the credit hours of enrollment. Eligibility for some types of aid requires at least half-time (6 or more credits) enrollment.
|0-5||less than half-time|
Dropping Classes and Returning Financial Aid
Federal regulations state that financial aid is earned by attending class. You must attended 60% of the term to earn all your financial aid. If you withdraw early, you may be asked to repay a portion of the aid that had been disbursed to you.
Please refer to the Return of Financial Aid Policy for more information.
Note: Financial aid offered by Heartland cannot be transferred to any other school.