Determine the best courses for your success at Heartland.
- Make sure to submit an HCC application before you take the placement test.
- Determine if you can waive your placement test.
- Schedule your ACCUPLACER* appointment in your myHeartland account using the Appointments tab. Appointments are offered by appointment during our regular hours of operation.
- During your testing appointment, we will review your results with you based on Heartland's placement ranges.
- After testing is complete, all new students must contact Advisement and meet with an academic advisor as part of the enrollment process. This step does not apply to College NOW students taking Heartland courses through their high school.
*ACCUPLACER is a computer-adaptive placement test to help determine what classes are appropriate for you.
What to bring
Here is what you need to bring to your scheduled assessment:
- Your 7-digit Heartland student ID number
- A photo ID (this is required to test)
Math Retest Fee
Starting January 23, 2017, there will be a $5.00 fee for ACCUPLACER Math retests. Literacy retests for Heartland students do not require a fee.