Textbooks are a big part of your college expenses. The good news is there’s a great way to cut those costs and help other students at the same time!
The Student Government Association founded the Textbook Swap in Spring 2013. Since then, the swap has saved Heartland students over $124,000. Participating in the swap means more money in your pocket if you take part!
Here's How It Works
For each textbook you donate you receive a credit for a future Swap. 1 credit = 1 book. (Certain restrictions apply.) Credits are good for up to three semesters, so if you don't find a book you need one time, you can save it for the next.
First dibs are great, right? You can donate at any time in the Student Engagement Office (SCB 1602), but if you donate before December 14th, you'll get early access to the Spring 2018 Textbook Swaps.
Don't have a book to donate? That's OK. During Money Days you can make a $10 donation and get a book you need. We use the funds raised on Money days to support future swaps, special projects, activities, and scholarships.
This Fall, we saved students more than $12,000, and we hope to keep saving students money.
2017 Fall Textbook Donation Days:
- Monday, December 11th: 2017: 10:00am to 3:00pm - SCB 1601
- Tuesday, December 12th: 10:00am to 3:00pm - SCB 1601
- Wednesday, December 13th: 10:00am to 3:00pm - SCB 1601
- Thursday, December 14th: 10:00am to 3:00pm - SCB 1601
2018 Spring Textbook Swap:
- Friday, January 12th: 2018: 10:00am to 3:00pm - SCB 1601 - Or By Appointment (Priority Access Day)
- Monday, January 15th: 10:00am to 3:00pm - SCB 1601 - Or By Appointment (Regular Swap)
- Tuesday, January 16th: 10:00am to 3:00pm - SCB 1601 - Or By Appointment (Regular Swap)
- Wednesday, January 17th: 10:00am to 3:00pm - SCB 1601 - Or By Appointment ($10 Donation Day)
For more information, check out our Textbook Swap FAQs here.