Textbook Adoption Process
After being assigned to your course(s):
- Check Master Syllabus for textbook requirements.
- If a standard text is listed as required, skip to step 5.
- If the syllabus allows for options, consult with Instructional Chair or Program Coordinator to ensure you are choosing an appropriate book
- If choosing a new textbook, work with your publisher rep to check out all of your options. Your division secretary can put you in contact with your publisher reps!
- Complete Textbook Adoption Form (PDF) for each section you are teaching and submit to Division Secretary by stated deadline
- Division Secretary enters textbook information into PeopleSoft and submits textbook report to bookstore by stated deadlines (Sept 15 for Spring, Feb 15 for Summer & Fall). Textbook information also posts to IRIS class schedule.
- Division Secretary manages textbook changes and serves as liaison between bookstore and division on textbook-related issues.