HCC to ISU
Visit with an Illinois State University admissions representative while attending Heartland.
- General admission questionsApplication and timeline
- Course and GPA requirements
- Transferring credits
- Returning to ISU
- On-the-Spot Admission Decisions (See below for directions on how to set up an appointment)
- Redbird Promise
On-the-Spot Admission Decision
During your appointment, you will meet with an admissions representative who will carefully review your documents and make an admission decision for you immediately. You'll find out whether or not you were accepted right away—no waiting, no worries!
Prior to your On-the-Spot Admission Decision appointment:
Step 1: Schedule your appointment
Step 2: Submit your application for admission and application fee online
Step 3: Request your official Heartland Community College transcript and, if applicable, official transcripts from each college or university you have attended
Redbird Promise offers Heartland Community College students guaranteed admission to Illinois State University to complete their Bachelor’s degree. Students must meet all of the requirements outlined in this agreement to guarantee their admission to ISU.
- Peace of mind knowing you will be guaranteed admission and have a seamless transfer to Illinois State to complete your Bachelor’s degree.
- Ability to work closely with Illinois State admissions counselors and academic advisors to help navigate the transfer process.
- Eligibility to apply for Illinois State University’s Bird to Bird Scholarship. Illinois State will award up to five Bird to Bird Scholarships to Heartland Redbird Promise transfer students. The awards are valued at a minimum of $1,000 annually; some are renewable for multiple years.
Illinois State University agrees to admit qualified Heartland students. To participate in Redbird Promise, students must meet all current admissions standards, policies, and procedures of ISU at the time of admission. Specific requirements are as follows:
- Complete the Redbird Promise Participation Form. This form will allow Illinois State and Heartland Community College to share information and to allow you to take advantage of Redbird Promise.
- Completed Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degree prior to ISU enrollment.
- Achieve a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.4/4.0 in all transferrable academic coursework (at all colleges/universities attended) and be in good academic standing at Heartland Community College.
- This agreement does not guarantee admission for students seeking readmission or reinstatement to ISU.
- This agreement does not guarantee admission for transfer students to a specific ISU degree program or academic college within the University. There may be additional admission requirements to enroll in and complete certain ISU bachelor’s degree programs. Due to space limitations and the competitiveness of the applicant pool, admission to a specific major is not guaranteed. Students may be admitted to the University with an undeclared major if the program prerequisites are not met or if the preferred major has filled to capacity.
- Students with 75 or more earned credit hours cannot be admitted to the University as undeclared.
- International students will have their English proficiency requirement satisfied for admission so long as they complete 60 credit hours or their Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degree. Students will not need to submit separate proof of English proficiency at the time of application.
- ISU agrees to accept all course credit completed at Heartland Community College in accordance with the current transfer and articulation policies and processes.
Want to Learn More?
Check out the Transfer Events Calendar to find out when the ISU admissions counselor will be on campus! For specific questions, please stop by the HCC advisement desk or email HCCtoISU@IllinoisState.edu. Office Location: CCB 1000