Plan Your Transfer
It's never too early to start talking about your transfer.
- Review the Transfer Planning Calendar (PDF) so you are aware of important dates and events.
- Stop by the Transfer Services office in CCB 1000 to pick up resources for four year schools you are interested in.
- Plan on attending upcoming transfer events on campus.
- Make an advisement appointment through myHeartland.
- Discuss transfer preparations and transfer agreements with your advisor.
- Find the right fit for you! When researching schools, make a pros and cons list for each and assess what would be best for you. Always feel free to contact your transfer institution to request a tour, sit in on a class, meet with the faculty and staff within your major and even plan an overnight stay on campus.
- Look at the majors they offer and course requirements/recommendations! What is the GPA requirement? Are you taking the courses at HCC that are required to apply to your major of interest?
- Research cost and scholarship availability. Take note of when applications are due and what materials you will need to submit.
- Apply one year in advance to the school(s) of your choice. The application for transfer typically begins one year out, plan ahead!
Here are some helpful websites to assist you during the transfer process.Transferology - see how your courses will transfer to another college or university
College Fish - search here for your best-fit transfer options
CollegeTransfer.Net - research the transfer process based upon your course history