Heartland Community College is recognized by the Illinois Community College Board and is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association, 30 North LaSalle Street, Suite 2400, Chicago, Illinois 60602-2504, (800) 621-7440, www.hlcommission.org. Heartland has chosen the AQIP (Academic Quality Improvement Program) path to maintain its accreditation and was accepted as an AQIP college in October 2005.
- The College's Child Development Lab (CDL) is an accredited learning lab facility through the National Association of Education of Young Children (NAEYC).
- The College'’'s Emergency Medical Services (EMS) and Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) programs are approved by the Illinois Department of Public Health.
- The College's Nursing Program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850, Atlanta, GA 30326.
- The college's Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE), 1111 North Fairfax Street, Alexandria, VA 22314.
- The College's Radiography Program is accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT). More information can be found at www.JRCERT.org or by contacting JRCERT, 20 North Wacker Drive, Suite 2850, Chicago, Illinois 60606-3182, phone 312-704-5300, fax 312-704-5304. The program received an 8-year accreditation awarded November 15, 2018.