Take the final step to enroll at Heartland by scheduling your New Student Appointment.
New Student Appointment
A New Student Appointment is required for students who plan to complete a certificate or degree at Heartland. Each New Student Appointment lasts approximately 1.5 hours and will include:
- Introduction to college resources
- Meeting with an academic advisor
- Creating your course schedule
- Registering for classes
The following steps must be completed prior to registering for your New Student Appointment
- Submit your Heartland Application
- Confirm your residency in District 540
- Submit transcripts and or other required documents
- Complete the Basic Skills Assessment
- New Students: Submit your high school transcript, ACT scores, and any official college transcripts
- Transfer Students: Submit your official college transcripts
*If you have not completed all the required steps listed above, your appointment will be cancelled.
To schedule your New Student Appointment
- Login to your myHeartland account
- Enter your login name and password
- Once in the system, click on the Appointments tab
- Click on Advisement
- Choose the campus location for your appointment: Normal, Pontiac or Lincoln
- Select "New Student Appointment"
- Choose an available appointment time