Welcome to Heartland!
All new students seeking a degree or certificate are required to complete a New Student Appointment with an academic advisor.
What is a New Student Appointment?
A New Student Appointment is required for students who plan to complete a degree or certificate at Heartland. Each New Student Appointment lasts approximately 30 minutes and will include:
- Meeting with an academic advisor
- Discussing your academic and career goals
- Going over program curriculum and certificate/degree requirements
- Choosing courses for your first semester
- Answering any questions you might have
Registration for courses will occur after the appointment.
The following steps must be completed prior to scheduling your New Student Appointment:
- Submit your Heartland application
- Confirm your residency in District 540
- Submit transcripts (high school transcripts, ACT or SAT scores within the past three years, and any official transcripts from other colleges attended)
- Complete placement testing, if necessary
If you have not completed all the required steps listed above, your appointment will be cancelled.
To schedule your New Student Appointment:
Once the above steps are complete, please call 309.268.8027 to schedule.