We welcome visiting students to Heartland to take a few classes to transfer back to their home institution.
Here are the steps to enroll as a visiting student:
1. Submit your Heartland application
2. Confirm your residency in District 540
3. Consult with your advisor at your home institution to determine which course(s) you'd like to take at Heartland
4. Confirm that Heartland offers the course(s) you'd like to take and that you meet the course prerequisites by viewing with the class schedule
5. Complete placement testing if you don't meet the prerequisites for the course(s) you'd like to take
6. Be in touch with a Heartland advisor in the ways listed below
You can drop-in at the Community Commons Building in-person or drop-in virtually via this link during the hours listed below. Please bring a copy of your unofficial transcript from your home institution that shows eligibility for the course(s) you'd like to take.
Monday - Friday
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
If you'd prefer to work through email, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, birthday, the course(s) you'd like to register for, and an unofficial transcript from your home institution. You will hear back from an advisor within 1-2 business days.