Each year, the Alumni Association (HCCAA) recognizes an individual who through their accomplishments, both personally and professionally, personifies the values of the College which include a "can-do" attitude, a respect for diversity, and ethical decision-making.
To be considered for the Distinguished Alumni award, candidates need to meet the following requirements:
- Completed at least 30 semester hours at HCC
- Achieved success of an exceptional nature within their chosen field or profession
- Made a positive impact on his/her community, through leadership and/or active volunteering
- Agrees to be present and accept the award during commencement Friday, May 14, 2021 at Grossinger Motors Arena, in addition to reviewing application for the Illinois Community College Trustees Association (ICCTA) Distinguished Alumnus Award. The ICCTA Distinguished Alumnus Award recognizes the many success stories of Illinois' community college students.
Nomination forms are due March 26, 2021 and can be submitted one of three ways.
- Fill out the form at the bottom of this page.
- Email your nomination form (PDF) to Gena.Glover@heartland.edu
- Deliver to:
Associate Director, Community Engagement
Heartland Community College
1500 West Raab Road
Normal, IL 61761
Distinguished Alumni Award Recipients
- 2020 Award Recipients
- Richard Casper
- Dr. Seshanand Rao, MD
- 2019 Award Recipient, Christopher Marx
- 2018 Award Recipient, Justin Boyd
- 2017 Award Recipient, Cassie Kuizin
- 2016 Award Recipients, Adam and Justin Bellas
- 2015 Award Recipient, John Beirbaum
- 2014 Award Recipient, Jay Verner
- 2013 Award Recipient, Deborah Fedor
- 2012 Award Recipient, Tim Rixstine
- 2011 Award Recipient, Donny Bounds
- 2010 Award Recipient, Kent Crutcher
- 2009 Award Recipient, Chad Pregracke