Visiting (Non-Degree Seeking) Students
Earn credit at Heartland while attending another college or university. Work with an advisor at your home institution to determine which course(s) you'd like to take at Heartland and then follow the steps below!
Step 1: Click here to Apply to Heartland!
Step 2: Log in
- Within 3-5 business days from your submission date, your welcome letter will go to the email address you entered on your application.
- Please check your spam/junk folder if you can't locate it! Students with a Gmail address should also check the Promotions folder.
- If you still can't locate your welcome letter, email Admissions@heartland.edu for help!
- Visit home.heartland.edu to log into your myHeartland account. From there, you can:
- Click on Manage My Password and refer to the Student ID and Login Name you received in your acceptance e-mail to create a password and set up security questions.
- Access your myHeartland email; make a habit of checking it regularly!
- Click on Student Center to:
- Make Appointments through the Navigate tile
- Register for classes and make enrollment changes on the Manage Classes tile
- View your schedule/bill and financial information
Step 3: Ensure you have met the prerequisite(s)
Confirm if Heartland offers the course(s) you'd like to take and that you meet the course prerequisites by viewing the class schedule.
- If you have met the prerequisites with prior college coursework, submit an unofficial transcript to email@example.com, meet with an advisor as outlined in step 4, and have a copy of your unofficial transcript with you.
- If prior coursework does not meet prerequisites, complete placement testing or submit applicable documentation for a placement waiver.
Step 4: Meet with an academic advisor (if applicable) and enrollIf you submitted unofficial transcripts to meet prerequisites, you must connect with an academic advisor so prerequisites can be entered before you can enroll. You can contact an academic advisor by:
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please include your name, birthdate or HCC ID number, and the courses you want to enroll in in the email.
- Attending in-person drop-in hours.
- Monday – Friday, Noon - 4:00 pm
- First floor of the Community Commons Building (campus map)
- Virtual Drop-ins are currently suspended
Step 5: Request an official transcript
Once your Heartland course(s) is complete, you can request your official Heartland transcript be sent to your home institution so they can add the course(s) to your record.
Step 1: Submit residencyProof of in-district residency is required for you to receive the in-district tuition rate unless you graduated from a high school located in Heartland's district within the past year. Upload documentation or send directly to email@example.com.
Step 2: Pay tuition
We are ready to help you with your application process. Contact Admissions with your questions at 309-268-8010 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.