Early Admission Process
These instructions are for students under 16 years old who are interested in taking Heartland courses on-campus/online, not through our high school/career center partnerships.
- Phase 1: Complete the College NOW student admission process: heartland.edu/collegeNow/admission
- Phase 2: Compile all the following documents in preparation to upload them all together:
- Support Letters: Obtain two (2) recommendation letters from a coach, peer group leader, mentor, or teacher that address your maturity level and ability to succeed in an adult setting.
- Academic Record: Obtain a current copy of your transcript from your school to reflect a list of courses taken and grades earned.
- College Placement Proof: If applicable, retrieve your ACT/SAT/PSAT College Board report with eligible college-level placement scores found at heartland.edu/testing/placement/waivers.
- Phase 3: After completing the aforementioned phases, respond to the prompts below to let us know you're ready to connect with a member of our Early College Opportunities team.
The information below is primarily for Early Birds who have been approved to enroll in a course as a College NOW Campus Student.
Review descriptions and prerequisites for courses you want to take.
*In-district home-school students receive an automatic $70 per credit hr tuition waiver within 24-48 hours of enrollment* HS Credit Approval Talk to your high school counselor/administrator to confirm if you can also receive high school credit for the HCC campus/online courses in your recommended plan. If so, they must submit the following online approval form shortly after you are enrolled: heartland.edu/collegeNow/onCampus/hsApproval myHeartland
Access your student account using the log-in information from your welcome letter to see HCC emails, course schedule, make tuition payments, etc: my.heartland.edu HCC IT
Contact our IT staff for help setting up or accessing your myHeartland account: email@example.com | 309-268-8380 Plus
Learn more about starting or continuing the pursuit of a particular degree/certificate pathway through HCC: heartland.edu/collegeNow/plus HS AP Courses
Students who complete AP courses should have their score report sent directly from College Board to the HCC Records Office. Access Advanced Placement Chart (pdf) here.
*If required benchmarks are not met, students must take the equivalent Heartland course to continue progressing towards degree completion.*
Download/print a copy of your unofficial transcript at any time by logging into your Heartland student account (my.heartland.edu) and follow this path: Student Center » Academic Transcripts/Grades » View Unofficial Transcript