College NOW Plus Pipeline
This path serves students who want to work towards the completion of a college certificate or degree while still in high school.
- You could earn a college degree/certificate AND a high school diploma at the same time OR within one year of high school graduation. Yes - this means you could enter the workforce early or transfer to another college or university as a junior!
- You can also earn high school credit for the completion of your HCC courses if approved by your high school! Yes - this could help you fulfill your high school graduation requirements early!
- You get to work with Heartland to develop an individualized plan to complete required courses during the regular school year and summer terms. Yes - we offer many online course options that could fit within your regular school day!
Are you interested?
- If you have not already, complete the required steps of the College NOW admission process.
- Submit the interest form below to prompt HCC to get started on a potential plan for you.
- Talk with your counselor about your interests and discuss opportunities for dual credit.
|Term/Semester||Schedule Availability||Registration Dates|
|Summer||1st Tues in February||1st Tues in March|
|Fall||1st Tues in March||last Mon in March (priority)|
|Spring||1st Tues in October||last Mon in October (priority)|
Already have a Plus plan?
- Check the Heartland schedule online each semester to review available course options according to your plan.
- When registration opens, submit your course request(s) using the form below to secure the section you want.
What about Degree NOW?
- College NOW Plus offers the same opportunity for you to earn an associate's degree in computer science.
- To serve you better, we have combined the two programs and are phasing out the Degree NOW name.
- Now, you get to choose courses in your plan from the Heartland schedule online that work for you.
- You will just need to request HCC courses you are required to take on-campus or online below.
- You will continue to work with your counselor to enroll in any required high school courses.
HCC staff will review and complete your enrollment request within 24-48 hours if there are no issues with your request. If there are issues with your request, an advisor will connect with you to resolve the issue.
- Once you have been enrolled, we will send an email confirmation notice to your myHeartland student email account.
- You will be able to access your course enrollment and billing information by choosing the Student Center option after logging in through home.heartland.edu.
- Make sure you followed the instructions for setting up your myHeartland student account provided in your welcome letter.
- You will also be able to access your classes by choosing My Classes via home.heartland.edu.
- You will find out more about your course(s) after your instructor makes that information available, though your course(s) may not appear in Canvas until shortly before the class starts.
If you experience difficulty setting up or accessing your HCC student account, please contact HCC IT for assistance: email@example.com | 309-268-8380, and let them know you are a College NOW student.