This process is for students who would like to request an exception to HCC's standard admission requirements.
You must follow the instructions in each phase below if you are:
- under the age of 16
- not a junior or senior in high school
- interested in taking HCC courses on-campus/online
In addition to completing the admission process, you must complete the phases below:
- Obtain electronic versions of the following required documentation:
- Two (2) letters of support that address your maturity level and ability to succeed in an adult setting. Letters can come from a coach, employer, peer group leader, mentor, or teacher.
- A copy of the student's academic record from his/her school that includes a list of courses taken and grades earned.
- If applicable, your ACT/SAT/PSAT College Board reports with eligible college-level placement scores. If not, you may be required to schedule placement testing through Heartland before enrollment.
- Submit all required documents electronically through this upload portal (using these instructions).
- After submitting all required documents, parents/legal guardians must submit the online Early Admission Request form below. The appropriate HCC personnel will respond within 1 to 2 business days.
Early admission students are limited to one (1) HCC course during their first term at HCC.
- Final approval may be required of an academic administrator.
- Decisions for early admission and student enrollment are made on a case-by-case basis.